Walking
through the memory aisle, I just traced a home long lost.
Conjuring
the past, getting the ghosts of our remembrances tossed.
Once
ensconced on the couch, their sweet laughter would fill the air.
My
knees weaken with heartwarming somersaults as through the window I stare.
It
is the same seaside we often fancied for our desultory promenade.
Here
arrests my attention a solemn witness of their love, a warm furnace.
Another
glimpse of our very own study where he reads some beautiful classics to her.
Luxuriating
in those dreams and admiration, his beloved would purr.
As
the door swung open, it exposes a graffiti heart cropped against the wall.
Her
heart is now a whirlwind of emotions hearing his promises tall.
A
small squeal escape my lips as I see him now setting our home ablaze.
Fear
creeps into my bones to find his affection faze.
His
general summation of this predicament is a play of fate.
I
curl my lips into a wry smile hearing this blame game.
Kismet
never occasioned those feelings and assurances in me.
Why
malign the mighty God when it was your own decree?
Faithless
as I am, perhaps basking in my own humiliation.
Loss
of my haven and your beguiling words worsen my angst and dejection.
The
irony is that neither I can blame the heavens nor call for a nemesis.
One
of the two is immoral and another eviscerates my once beloved bliss.
All
I'm left with is this forlorn abandoned home,
Vestiges
of forgotten vows and shards of memories of my own.
i saw her words of brilliance..
ReplyDeletetouch a melancholy strain....
said to myself to not acknowledge..
would be such a shame....
brevity casts no shadows...
all my doubts are gone....
that i,m in company of genius
yet parting,s such forlorn.....(howzzat)
I feel great that you gave it a thought to acknowledge me with such a poetic endeavor. Thank you so very much. You are too generous with your compliments nonetheless.
ReplyDelete